Residential & Commercial Alarm Permits
(Non-Financial Alarm Users) On Dec. 4, 1984, the Grand Prairie City Council passed ordinance #3716 concerning the regulation of alarm systems within the city.
The ordinance requires that commercial, residential and multi-family alarm users in the city obtain permits to remain active. The ordinance was modified in January of 1992.
- View a copy of the city’s Alarm Ordinance (Chapter 17, Article III. Alarm Systems).
|Alarm Permit Application Options|
|View the online application.|
|Download the application to print and mail.|
|Annual Permit Fees|
|Residential||Burglar Alarm $30||Burglar and Fire $50|
|Business||Burglar Alarm $50||Burglar and Fire $75|
Accepted methods of payment: cash, check, money order, and debit/credit card.
Payments can be made online, over the phone, through the mail, or in person.
Phone: Call 1-888-604-7888 and reference code 8179.
Mailing Address: City of Grand Prairie, Alarm Permit, P.O. Box 532473, Grand Prairie, TX 75053
- A separate permit is required for EACH alarm site and a separate permit is required for Burglar and Fire.
- All individuals, homeowners, businesses and corporations are required to secure a permit for their alarm systems prior to the operation of such system.
- Failure to secure a permit from the city for an active alarm system is a violation of the above numbered City Ordinance.
- No alarm permit shall be transferable to any other person, firm corporation or entity.
(Any occupant of a new residence and/or business must re-apply for a permit, present or previous owner permit is not transferable to new occupant or location)
- All permits must be renewed annually.