For the convenience of the residents of Grand Prairie, the city operates a Large Brush Pickup Program. This once a month service provides curbside pickup of limbs and brush that are not eligible for collection by the city's weekly garbage collection.
This is a year round program that services areas of the city on a monthly rotation basis. This is done during a designated week each month, according to geographical zones, rotating from north to south, week by week.
Placement and Pickup
Brush must be placed at the curb no earlier than 1 week before the scheduled pickup in your area. You must have the brush on the curb no later than 7:00 a.m. on the Monday of your designated week.
On Mondays the designated zone will be inspected to locate residents who require brush pick up. The brush crew will then be in that zone for the entire designated week to make pickups at those locations. Brush is picked up in cycle only; no appointments accepted. (See Brush Pickup Schedule and Map to determine your zone and designated week.)
Standard Large Brush Pickup Fees
- Residents receive 1 FREE BRUSH PICKUP EACH MONTH to a maximum of 5 cubic yards.
- There is a charge of $85 for each additional 5 cubic yards of brush.
- Special pickup requests that are NOT in your designated week will be charged $85 for each 5 cubic yards.
If a resident has an oversized brush pile; a notice will be placed on the front door giving the cost for the special pickup. The resident is then given 24 hours in which to sign the notice and contact the City at 972-237-8525 to schedule the special pickup and authorize the City to add the extra charge to the resident’s water bill. If you do not respond to the notice within 24 hours, the resident will have a 3 day period to remove the brush pile from the curb, or be subject to City Code violations.
Important Facts to Know
- Brush must be neatly piled at least 2 feet from utility poles, trees, gas & water meters, fire hydrants, fences, mailboxes, sprinkler heads, and any other obstacle that would prevent collection.
- Brush will not be picked up if parked vehicles or other obstructions are present.
- Brush cannot at any time obstruct any city sidewalk, right-of-way, or view of oncoming traffic.
- Residents can be fined if brush is left at the curbside for an extended amount of time.
- The maximum size allowed for the FREE brush pickup is 5 cubic yards. This measures approximately 8'x 6' x 5' tall (about the size of a small car).
- Brush includes tree limbs, shrubs, tree trunks, other parts of shrubs and trees up to 20" inch diameter.
- Grass clippings, leaves, stumps, root balls, weeds, flowers, wire, fencing, plastic bags, or other foreign materials are NOT allowed.
In order for your regular weekly garbage, Republic Services, to pick up your brush, it must be bundled into maximum 6-foot lengths, no larger than 1 cubic yard. Bagged leaves and shrubs will be collected, but NO grass clippings are allowed. Bundles and bags cannot exceed 50 lbs. each. Maximum number of bags that will be collected is 2-3. Place the bundles next to your household garbage.
Brush Pickup Schedule
Week #1 If you live...
North of Main Street, stack brush at the curb by 7 a.m. the 1st Monday of the month.
Week #2 If you live...
South of Main Street but north of 303, stack brush at the curb by 7 a.m. the 2nd Monday of the month.
Week #3 If you live...
South of 303 but north of I-20, stack brush at the curb by 7 a.m. the 3rd Monday of the month.
Week #4 If you live...
South of I-20, stack brush at the curb by 7 a.m. the 4th Monday of the month.
(Click Brush Pickup Map for more details.)
Enter your property address to the My Neighborhood tool below to find your brush pickup week along with other information about your neighborhood: