Environmental Quality | 206 W. Church St., 2nd Floor | P.O. Box 534045 | Grand Prairie, TX 75053
Phone 972-237-8055 | Fax 972-237-8228
City of Grand Prairie requirements for asbestos surveys:
An asbestos survey packet is available online and in the Environmental Services Department.
The packet consists of four components:
- The Information Sheet (Demolition/Remodel Sheet) which must be completed by the General Contractor of the project.
- Form A is completed by the asbestos surveyor.
- Form B is completed by a licensed architect or engineer. This form must have the engineers or architects seal affixed to it.
- State notification form which is required for all demolitions.
The Information DEMO/REMODEL sheet AND the FORM A OR FORM B is required to be completed and submitted to the Environmental Services department. ALL demolitions and any survey that shows the presence of asbestos, REQUIRE the state notification form to be submitted as well. Please be advised that any omitted information in the packet will delay the approval of your building permit.
Who can do an asbestos survey?
An asbestos survey can only be performed by a licensed, company registered with the State of Texas.
If you need more information about asbestos surveys go to the Texas Department of Health Web site at http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/asbestos/statutes.shtm
Texas Department of State Health Services PHR 2&3 located in Arlington, Texas
1301 South Bowen Road. Ste 200
Arlington, Texas 76013
Main Number: 817-264-4500
Asbestos – 817-264-4675
- Texas Asbestos Health Protection Rules -TEXAS ADMINISTRATIVE CODE - TITLE 25 - PART 1 CHAPTER 295.31 - CHAPTER 295.73
- City of Grand Prairie Code of Ordinances Chapter 13, Article XXI – ASBESTOS HEALTH PROTECTION SURVEY
[BACK TO TOP]
Asbestos Abatement Ordinance
Asbestos Abatement Documents
[BACK TO TOP]