Keep Grand Prairie Beautiful | Clean & Beautiful Neighborhoods Program | 972-237-8152 | Email
Download: Clean & Beautiful Neighborhoods Handout
This program is how we recruit neighborhoods to get involved in our grassroots litter prevention, cleanup and beautification programs. We ask existing neighborhood associations to form Clean and Beautiful Neighborhoods (C&BN) sub-committees. If a neighborhood is not organized, we help them form a neighborhood association with public safety and C&BN sub-committees.
- Facilitation of Meetings, Including: Flyer Preparations (English and Spanish) and
Door-to-Door Delivery, Refreshments, Door Prizes to Generate Interest in Meetings & Events.
- Organized and Registered Neighborhood Cleanups, Including: Litter, Bulky Item, Tires, Household Hazardous Waste, Brush, Illegal Dumping Sites, Easements, Alleys & Creeks
- Adoption Programs, Including: Street, Spot, Stream, Senior’s (yard), Tree, Cemetery, Trash Can and Wetland
- Community Forestry Programs, Including: ShadeMaker Training, Dead & Blighted Tree Removal, NeighborWoods (free trees for neighborhoods) and Streetscaping Programs.
- Youth for Environmental Action (YEA!) Programs, Including: Green & Clean Campus Program, Community Service Hours/Projects, GP Youth Services Boot Camp Projects, and YEA! Clubs.
- Neighborhood Composting Classes.
- Development of Community Gardens.
- Litter Free and Illegal Dumping Hotlines – 972-237-8330
- Special Neighborhood Integrity Program (SNIPS)
- Graffiti Removal – 972-237-8599
- Beautification Projects
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) Projects: Plants for Protection, Traffic Delineators, Alley Kits
- KGPB Tool Depot – Free loaner tools for homeowner or neighborhood projects, including lawn mowers, hedgers, weed eaters, gas-powered chain saws and pole saws, power washer and more.
- Waste Removal for Registered, Organized Neighborhood Cleanups
- Information concerning the development of Public Improvement Districts (PIDs)
- Neighborhood Associations Development Support, with Clean & Beautiful Neighborhood and Public Safety Sub-Committees.
- Recognition and Positive Neighborhood Public Relations (Press Releases and News Stories)
- Partnerships With Other City Departments