Grand Prairie Independent School District and Grand Prairie United Charities present a free back-to-school health and education fair for the Grand Prairie community.
- FREE dental, blood pressure, cholesterol, glucose and vision screenings
- FREE Planetarium
- FREE Children’s Books
- FREE immunization clinic by Parkland Hospital (for children who qualify by no insurance, underinsured or Medicaid, Native American or Native Alaskan)
- FREE Make-and-Take Activities
- FREE Bounce House
- FREE information on health, buying a home, counseling services, immigration issues, and social services, as well as city, county, state, federal, and District services
- FREE FAFSA (Student College Financial Aid) Information
- FREE Zumba
- FREE Entertainment
- FREE Mayor’s Tools for School (Sponsored by the Grand Prairie Sports Facilities Development Corporation. Eligibility is based on Texas poverty income guidelines. Call 972-522-3220 for eligibility interview.)
In collaboration with Title I, Part A (No Child Left Behind); Title I, Part C, Migrant Education;
Title III, LEP and Immigrant Education; McKinney-Vento Homeless Grant; Connections Program; GPISD Department of Academics; GPISD Department of Student Support; and the University of Texas at Arlington.
For more information about the fair and how your organization can participate, call Sylvia Estrada at 972-343-6112 or 972-343-6114 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.