Memorial Day - city administrative offices and schools closed
NEWS RELEASE April 2, 2012
CONTACT: Amy Sprinkles, email@example.com, 972-237-8140
GRAND PRAIRIE CITY SERVICES MEMORIAL DAY SCHEDULE
GRAND PRAIRIE—In observance of Memorial Day, the City of Grand Prairie administrative offices will be closed Mon., May 27. The city will have a Memorial Day ceremony on Monday, May 27, at 10 a.m. at the Grand Prairie Veterans Memorial, 925 W. Conover. The event will feature a bagpiper, 21-gun salute, flyover, photo display, free hot dog lunch, free trees and military memorabilia for sale. Veterans from all branches of the military and tours of service are welcome to attend, as well as families of veterans and other well-wishers.
Memorial Day hours for other city services are as follows:
• Main Library – closed, items can be renewed online at library.gptx.org or by calling 972-237-5700 during library hours
• Betty Warmack Branch Library – closed, items can be renewed online at library.gptx.org or by calling 972-237-5700 during library hours
• Bowles Branch Library – closed, items can be renewed online at library.gptx.org or by calling 972-237-5700 during library hours
• Water bill payment offices – closed
• Bowles Life Center – open 9 a.m.- 6 p.m.
• Charley Taylor and Dalworth Recreation Centers – open noon- 6 p.m.
• The Summit 50+ Adult Activity Center – closed
• Prairie Lakes Golf Course – open
• Tangle Ridge Golf Club – open
• Kirby Creek Indoor Pool – open swim 1-6 p.m.
• McFalls and Bowles Pools and Splash Factory Water Playground – open 1-6 p.m.
• Tyre Pool – open 1-6 p.m.
• Garbage Collection/Recycling – No trash or recycling pickup, trash will be picked up on your next regularly scheduled day
• Landfill – closed
• Animal Shelter – closed
• Tourist Information Center – open 9 a.m.-5 p.m.