BREAKFAST: Breakfast Burritos
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 egg whites
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup fat free cheese
- 1/4 cup rinsed canned black beans
- Salsa (to taste)
- Spray vegetable cooking spray into a frying pan
- Scramble the egg whites in the pan and cook to the desired degree of doneness
- Place the cooked eggs on the tortillas
- Sprinkle the cheese over the eggs
- Place the beans over the cheese and eggs
- Roll each tortilla into a wrap
- Microwave for 30 seconds
- Spoon salsa on top
LUNCH: Whole Wheat Pita Pizzas
- 4 pieces whole wheat pita bread
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups assorted chopped vegetables (mushrooms, spinach, onions)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place 1-2 tablespoons of tomato sauce on pita bread and spread evenly. Top with veggies of your choice. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of cheese on top of vegetables.
- Place on baking sheet and bake 10 – 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
DINNER: “Veggieful” Burgers
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 cups shredded vegetables (carrots, zucchini, peppers)
- ½ cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Whole wheat hamburger buns
- Optional toppings (lettuce, tomato, onions, mushrooms)
- Mix meat, vegetables, salt, pepper, and oatmeal in a bowl and stir. Take 2 large spoonfuls of mixture, roll into a ball, and then flatten to form a patty.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook burger patties in pan for 5-6 minutes, and then flip to cook another 5-6 minutes.
- Serve on hamburger bun with your favorite toppings.