Residential & Commercial
(Non-Financial Alarm Users) On Dec. 4, 1984, the Grand Prairie City Council passed ordinance #3716 concerning the regulation of alarm systems within the city.
The ordinance requires that commercial, residential and multi-family alarm users in the city obtain permits to remain active. The ordinance was modified in January of 1992.
- A copy of the city’s Alarm Ordinance (Chapter 17, Article III. Alarm Systems) is available here.
|Alarm Permit Application Options|
|Click here to complete the application online.|
|Click here to download the application to print and mail.|
|Annual Permit Fees|
||Burglar Alarm $30
||Burglar and Fire $50|
||Burglar Alarm $50
||Burglar and Fire $75|
Accepted methods of payment: cash, check, money order, and debit/credit card.
Payments can be made online, over the phone, through the mail, or in person.
Phone: Call 1-888-604-7888 and reference code 8179.
Mailing Address: City of Grand Prairie, Alarm Permit, P.O. Box 532473, Grand Prairie, TX 75053
Physical Address: Municipal Court, 200 W. Main St., Grand Prairie, TX 75050
- A separate permit is required for EACH alarm site and a separate permit is required for Burglar and Fire.
- All individuals, homeowners, businesses and corporations are required to secure a permit for their alarm systems prior to the operation of such system.
- Failure to secure a permit from the city for an active alarm system is a violation of the above numbered City Ordinance.
- No alarm permit shall be transferable to any other person, firm corporation or entity.
(Any occupant of a new residence and/or business must re-apply for a permit, present or previous owner permit is not transferable to new occupant or location)
- All permits must be renewed annually.
Our offices are open Monday-Thursda 7 a.m.-6 p.m. except on holidays. We are located at the Frank W. Robertson Municipal Court Building at 200 W. Main St. at the corner of N.W. 2nd Street. Phone: 972-237-8652.