Stuffed Green Peppers
- 6 green bell peppers
- salt to taste
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- water as needed
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cut the tops off the peppers, and remove the seeds. Cook peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain. Sprinkle salt inside each pepper, and set aside.
In a large skillet, saute beef and onions for 5 minutes, or until beef is browned. Drain off excess fat, and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the tomatoes, rice, 1/2 cup water and Worcestershire sauce. Cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until rice is tender. Remove from heat, and stir in the cheese.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. (175 degrees C). Stuff each pepper with the beef and rice mixture, and place peppers open side up in a baking dish. In a medium bowl, combine tomato soup with just enough water to make the soup a gravy consistency. Pour over the peppers.
Bake covered for 25 to 35 minutes, until heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly.
Holiday Chicken Salad
- 4 cups cubed, cooked chicken meat
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise with paprika and seasoned salt. Blend in dried cranberries, celery, bell pepper, onion, and nuts. Add chopped chicken, and mix well. Season with black pepper to taste. Chill 1 hour.