The Grand Prairie Public Libraries offer residents much more than paperbacks and reference books! The city’s three libraries offer a wide variety of useful online databases that serve to entertain, educate and help residents with research. With 20 free services offered, all users are sure to find a database to suit their needs. Some of the most popular databases are listed below:
- Freegal - Freegal is a free music downloading service providing popular MP3 music for library cardholders. Each user is allowed to download three songs per week, and the downloaded songs will never expire. The database features thousands of songs in dozens of genres. Freegal also offers apps for iPods and Androids.
- Ancestry.com - This popular genealogy database allows users to trace their roots. Users can research ancestors, locate distant family members and fill in their family trees. This service must be used at the library.
- Mango Languages - Users can learn a new language with the help of Mango’s native speakers. The database features online language lessons geared toward fluency. Users can take their learning on the go with the Mango Languages app.
- OneClick Digital - OneClick allows users to download free e-audiobooks for transfer to an MP3 player.
- Britannica SmartMath - SmartMath makes math practice fun for kids in grades K-8. A colorful, easy-to-use interface encourages and motivates kids to improve. Quizzes range from simple numbers, to geometry, algebra, statistics and probability. Adults can benefit from SmartMath as well.
- JobView - JobView allows users to search for jobs across the country by state or city.
- Learning Express - Learning Express features free practice tests and skill improvement modules. Users can practice for the GED, real estate or nursing exams, or improve their math, computer, reading and writing skills. Users also have access to more than 200 career and skill related e-books.
- TexShare Databases - Library cardholders are given access to the many databases shared by the Texas State Library.
The Grand Prairie Public Libraries strive to enrich the lives of residents with literature, music, film and the knowledge and culture that can be discovered in the arts. They also offer the tools and guidance necessary to successfully complete research projects and assignments. Grand Prairie Public Libraries are located at:
901 Conover Dr., Grand Prairie, TX 75051
Warmack Branch Library
760 Bardin Rd., Grand Prairie, TX 75052
Bowles Branch Library
2750 Graham St., Grand Prairie, TX 75050
For more information about the databases offered or the libraries in general, call 972-237-5700.