Calling all Ugly Lamps for the Lit on Main Ugly Lamp Contest. Entries due by Nov. 28 to the Uptown Theater, 120 E. Main St., or Grand Prairie City Hall, 317 College St.
Maybe it was a Christmas present you received in 1987, or it was part of an inheritance from your Great Aunt Esther. Or, maybe you’ve decorated your own little piece of amazing that someone else may not view as beautiful. Whatever your laughable lighting accessory may be, the Uptown Theater wants it in their Ugly Lamp Contest. Just follow the rules below, complete an Entry Form, attach it to your lamp and drop it off as instructed below. Don’t worry; you’ll get your lamp back! Lamps will be on display in the window of the Uptown Theater during December and available for pickup after Jan. 2, 2013.
- Lamps due by Nov. 28. Turn in at Uptown Theater, 120 E. Main St.; or the Marketing Department at City Hall, 317 College St.
- Free to enter
- No religious, political or sexually themed lamps
- Lamps must be in working order
- Lamps must be able to sit on a table or stand on the floor.
- Lamps must be safe to move (i.e. no barbed wire or broken glass, etc.)
- Lamps must be of a weight that a human being can move - no forklifts!
How to vote on Ugly Lamp winners:
- The lamps will be on display during December in the front window of the Uptown Theater. Anyone may vote using the ballot box in front of the theater. Voting is free and begins Nov. 30.
Ugly Lamp winners get:
- First Place Prize: four tickets to show of choice at Uptown Theater in 2013
- Second Place Prize: two tickets to show of choice at Uptown Theater in 2013
- Third Place Prize: $25 VISA gift card
For more info call 972-237-8086.