CONTACT: Cami McKillop 972-237-8108, email@example.com
FIREWORKS TO LIGHT UP THE SKY IN GRAND PRAIRIE FOR INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATION
GRAND PRAIRIE—Grand Prairie will celebrate the U.S.A. with fireworks, baseball, a patriotic show and more July 3-6:
• The Lone Stars & Stripes Celebration – fireworks will sparkle at Lone Star Park Wednesday, July 3, and Thursday, July 4. Grandstand gates will open at 3 p.m. and the first live race will be at 5 p.m. Fireworks will follow the last live race at about 10 p.m. Bounce houses, pony rides and a petting zoo will be available 3-9 p.m. General admission is $5 and parking is free. Lone Star Park is located at 1000 Lone Star Parkway in Grand Prairie. For more information, call 972-263-RACE or visit www.lonestarpark.com
• Grand Prairie AirHogs – The AirHogs will play the Wichita Wingnuts on Wednesday, July 3 at 7:05 p.m., and Thursday, July 4, at 6:05 p.m. Stay at the ballpark after the game and watch the Lone Star Park fireworks. The AirHogs play at QuikTrip Park, 1600 Lone Star Parkway. For tickets, call 972-504-9383 or visit www.airhogsbaseball.com
• Joe Pool Lake Fireworks will begin at approximately 9:45 p.m. on Thursday, July 4, at Lynn Creek Park on Joe Pool Lake, 5700 Lake Ridge Parkway. Picnic, play at the beach and bring a blanket and chairs to enjoy fireworks at night this Independence
Day. The entrance fee is $20 per vehicle at Lynn Creek and Loyd Park (including
Grand Prairie residents and Annual Pass holders). For more information call 817-467-4135.
• Judy Norton’s All American Broadway Review will feature patriotic songs from the Broadway stage at the Uptown Theater, 120 W. Main St. on Thursday, July 4 at 5 p.m. Presented by Texas Family musicals, this patriotic celebration featuring Judy Norton, who played Mary Ellen on The Walton’s, excites with high energy dance numbers and toe tapping, hand clapping music. For tickets, call 972-237-8786 or visit www.uptowntheatergp.com.
• Red, White and Blueberries at the Farmers Market – Get a fresh start at the Farmers Market, 120 W. Main St., on Saturday, July 6, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Enjoy fresh fruits and vegetables, baked goods, tamales, jellies, relishes, candles and more. For more information, visit www.gptx.org/farmersmarket.
Independence Day hours for other city services are as follows:
• Main Library – closed, items can be renewed online at library.gptx.org or by calling 972-237-5700 during library hours
• Betty Warmack Branch Library – closed, items can be renewed online at library.gptx.org or by calling 972-237-5700 during library hours
• Bowles Branch Library – closed, items can be renewed online at library.gptx.org or by calling 972-237-5700 during library hours
• Water bill payment offices – closed
• Bowles Life Center – closed
• Charley Taylor Recreation Center – closed
• The Summit 50+ Adult Activity Center – closed
• Prairie Lakes Golf Course – open
• Tangle Ridge Golf Club – open
• Kirby Creek Indoor Pool – open swim 1-6 p.m.
• McFalls and Bowles Pools – open 1-6 p.m.
• Splash Factory Water Playground – open 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
• Tyre Pool – open 1-6 p.m.
• Garbage Collection/Recycling – No trash or recycling pickup, trash will be picked up on your next regularly scheduled day
• Landfill – closed
• Animal Shelter – closed
• Tourist Information Center – open 9 a.m.-5 p.m.