Click here to download D.R. Horton Home Development Fact Sheet (PDF)
- 52 residential lots for high-end homes, minimum 2,400 square feet.
- Homes starting in the $250,000 range. The 2013 Nottingham Estates, which numbers 449 homes, average appraised home value is $169,000 according to the Tarrant Appraisal District.
- 6' masonry wall along Duncan Perry. Trees and landscaping along Duncan Perry and the entrances.
- The new neighborhood will have two permanent egresses/ingresses along Duncan Perry.
- DR Horton is negotiating to secure a temporary construction secondary point of access from Avenue K. The property owner is willing to lease the land through about March 2014, or until they sell the land, which is currently on the market.
- The property being developed now has been zoned for single-family development since 1985. The city must try to protect everyone’s rights. The landowner of the property being developed has the right to build single family homes per the land’s zoning.
- The subdivision was designed by a registered civil engineer to meet the city’s drainage criteria and reviewed to ensure those requirements are met.
- The city amended its development codes a few years ago to make sure that homes being built in the future would be of a higher standard. D.R. Horton is planning to build its higher-level homes in this subdivision.
- City traffic engineer is working with the school and looking at the intersections to see if changes can be made to improve the traffic situation in this area. The city will look at making changes that will make this area better regardless of the new subdivision.
- Time table:
o Clear land – through October 2013
o Install infrastructure (water, sewer, streets) – Nov '13 - March '14
o Home construction starts – Summer 2014
o Close out – estimate 2017 for last home to be sold depending on economy
For more information, Contact Bill Crolley, Planning Director, City of Grand Prairie at 972-237-8263.
SOURCE: City of Grand Prairie, Communications Dept., October 2013.
Location of D.R. Horton Home Development: North of Larson Elementary on Duncan Perry Road