GRAND PRAIRIE – The Grand Prairie Farmers Market, 120 W. Main St., features events – from crawfish to cooking demonstrations, gardening classes to car shows – to entertain the entire family every Saturday. Check out the June schedule below.
Saturday, June 7, 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
- The Heads or Tails Cajun Crawfish catering company will be boiling Louisiana mudbugs and selling them accompanied by potatoes and corn for $10 per pound. Stay and eat them in the beer garden while live music plays.
Saturday, June 14, 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
- The 6th Annual Car & Motorcycle Show will take place at Farmers Market and in the neighboring parking areas. Vehicle registration will take place from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. Rain or shine, the free show will begin at 9 a.m., and awards will be given at 1 p.m.
- Grand Prairie Farmers Market will host a cooking demonstration taught by CJ Singleton of Good Spice at 10:30 a.m.
- The Carter BloodCare Bus will be at Market Square from 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. as part of the World Health Organization’s World Blood Donor Day. All donors will receive a free cake ball handcrafted by Farmers Market’s own Sweet Delights by Dama. Sign up online to donate on June 14.
Saturday, June 21, 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Grand Prairie Farmers Market will host a cooking demonstration featuring Chef Ernst of Texas Chef Service at 10:30 a.m.
Saturday, June 28, 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Grand Prairie Farmers Market will host a cooking demonstration at 10:30 a.m.
- Grand Prairie Horticulturist Susan Henson will host an “Urban Gardening” class at 11:30 a.m.
- Cool down and beat the Texas heat with a snow cone from the Kona Ice Truck at Farmers Market.
The Grand Prairie Farmers Market features locally grown fruits and vegetables, meats, honey, pasta, spices, tamales, candles, soaps and much more. The market is open every Saturday, March to December, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. For more information about the Farmers Market, call 972-237-4599 or visit www.gptx.org/farmersmarket.