GRAND PRAIRIE – The end of summer may be in sight, but the Grand Prairie Farmers Market, 120 W. Main St., still has plenty of warm-weather fun planned. Farmers Market is open 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays, featuring fresh produce and much more. Sample the August schedule:
Saturday, Aug. 2, 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Educational Series: “Bees and Plants – A Love Story” presented by Grand Prairie Horticulturist Susan Henson at 9:30 a.m.
- Honey demonstration presented by Round Rock Honey at 10:30 a.m.
Saturday, Aug. 9, 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Restaurant Showcase featuring Mike’s Bar-B-Q at 10:30 a.m.
Saturday, Aug. 16, 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
- In celebration of National Farmers Market Week, free goody bags will go to the first 150 adults through the doors beginning at 8 a.m. (while supplies last).
- Kona Ice Truck will be on site.
Saturday, Aug. 23, 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
- The annual Hatch Chile Festival will include live music, games, the Kona Ice Truck and popular hot roasted Hatch chiles for sale.
- Hatch chile cooking demonstration at 10:30 a.m.
Saturday, Aug. 30, 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Craft Fair Day #2 features a loaded lineup of craft vendors on the lawn.
The Grand Prairie Farmers Market features locally grown fruits and vegetables, meats, honey, pasta, spices, tamales, candles, soaps and much more. The market is open every Saturday, March to December, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. For more information about the Farmers Market, call 972-237-4599 or visit www.gptx.org/farmersmarket.