Ron Jensen — Mayor | 317 W College St. | P.O. Box 534045 | Grand Prairie, TX 75053
Phone 972-237-8022 | E-mail
With Control Products Corporation since 1972, currently President /Owner
Graduated from Grand Prairie High School in 1969
Graduated from UT Arlington with a BA in Psychology in 1973
Received UTA Distinguished Alumni Award in 2008
Elected Mayor in 2013 and City Council member representing District 6 in 2002, 2004, 2006 and 2009. While serving as a city council member, he was named Mayor Pro Tem three times.
- Appointed to the Council’s Finance and Government Committee
- Served on the city's Housing Finance Corporation and the Sports Facilities Development Corporation
- City representative on the Regional Transportation Committee and on the North Texas Council of Government Executive Board
- Represented the city on the State Highway 360 task force that meets regularly with TXDOT and NTTA concerning the completion of 360 south to State Highway 287
- Member of TIF Districts 2 and 3
- Member and Trustee at Matthew Road Baptist Church
- Member of the Grand Prairie Rotary Club
- Previously served as Chairman of YMCA board for two terms; YMCA Sports Committee Chair; coached soccer and basketball for four years; YMCA Campaign Chairman two years
- Past President of Grand Prairie Rotary Club, also served as Secretary-Treasurer for two years
- Former board member of DFW Medical Hospital Board and Grand Prairie Chamber of Commerce
- Received the Chamber of Commerce Public Servant Award in 2004 and the Man of the Year Award in 2007
Married to wife Rebecca for 41 years, three children Eric, Jennifer and Nichole.
Three grand children, Hannah, Victoria and Jackson.
Grand Prairie resident since 1963.