Richard Fregoe — District 4 | 317 W College St. | P.O. Box 534045 | Grand Prairie, TX 75053
Phone 972-237-8022 | Staff E-mail | City Council District Map
Occupation: Retired Senior Executive Army and Air Force Exchange Service. Last two assignments: Director of Worldwide Catalog Sales and prior to that General Manager of European Industrial Activities in Germany.
Academic: Councilman Fregoe graduated from Florida State University with a Bachelor of Science degree and completed senior executive programs at Pennsylvania State University and the University of Notre Dame.
Public Service: Elected to represent District 4 in 1994, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2007, 2010 and 2013. Served as Mayor Pro Tem 1996-97. Served as Deputy Mayor Pro Tem 2010-11. He has served as a member of the Grand Prairie Zoning Board of Adjustments and Appeals (ZBA); Past Chairman of the Board: Dallas-Fort Worth Medical Center, Grand Prairie Wellness Center, and Grand Prairie Sister Cities Corporation; Founding member of the Grand Prairie After-School Partnership Program; Board of Directors Grand Prairie YMCA; Board of Directors United Charities.
- City Councilman
- Board of Directors Grand Prairie Unity Coalition (Founder)
- Chairman of the City Council Public Safety, Health and Environment Committee
- Board of Directors Grand Prairie Sister Cities International Corporation (Founder)
- Member of The National League of Cities Public Safety and Crime Prevention Steering Committee
- Vice Chairman of Trinity River Authority Central Regional Wastewater System Advisory Committee
- Board of Directors Grand Prairie Wellness Center (Founding Member)
- Board of Managers Tarrant County 9-1-1 District (Board Secretary)
- Chairman of Grand Prairie Tax Increment Financing District 2
- Vice Chairman Trinity River Authority Mountain Creek Regional Waste Water System Advisory Committee
- Chairman Community Service Award Program Army Air Force Exchange Service Retiree Association (AREA)
- Member Purple Martin Landlords of North Texas (Founding Member)
- Vice President Texas Municipal League Region 13
Personal: Married, wife Gisela, two daughters Michele and Melanie. Grand Prairie resident since 1980. Member Immaculate Conception Parish and Associates of the Holy Family of Nazareth. Eagle Scout.