GPTV VIDEO: City Wells Now in Use
Due to high water use, the city has activated its water wells as of July 30, 2013. Due to this different source mixing with purchased water, citizens may notice a change in taste and odor of the water. The well water is softer and has a slightly salty taste. (Read "Why the Water Tastes Different" for more information.)
And remember, mandatory water restrictions are currently in effect for the city of Grand Prairie.
- No watering on Wednesday, Saturday or Sunday.
- No watering between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Even Numbered addresses may water on Mondays and Thursdays.
- Odd numbered addresses may water on Tuesday and Fridays.
- Handheld and soaker hoses are allowed to be used any time.
For more information, visit www.gptx.org/waterwise or call 972-237-8401.