Animal Services | 2222 W. Warrior Trail | Grand Prairie, TX 75052 | Phone: 972-237-8575 | Fax 972-237-8579
E-mail | Hours of Operation
Join the PPAC and Volunteer Today!
We're looking for dedicated, animal-loving people to join our "pack" and volunteer at the Prairie Paws Adoption Center! Are you under 17 years of age? We'd love to have you volunteer too, but your parent or guardian must come with you and volunteer too.
The Prairie Paws Adoption Center’s volunteer program is vital to our operation and our volunteers are making an impact in many areas. Today, volunteers assist in the care and placement of the animals housed in our shelter, educate the public, and provide support for administration.
Please email email@example.com with any questions you may have.
Steps to Becoming a Volunteer
- Attend additional training classes as required for specific activities
Volunteer Opportunities Available
- Orientation Training-Introduction to the Volunteer Program.
- Doggone Walker- Provide exercise, socialization, and basic training for shelter dogs.
- Cat Care Taker-Provide socialization for shelter cats
- Doggone Washer- Help groom and bathe pets
- Foster Parent - Provide temporary housing and care for shelter animals that are sick, injured or juvenile. Click here to watch a video on fostering an animal (.wmv file).
Download our Foster Training Manual in PDF format to join the PPAC!