Contact Planning and Zoning
- View Interactive Maps and select zoning layer
- Information: 972-237-8255, Planning Division
- Address: Planning and Development Center, 209 W. Church St., Grand Prairie, TX 75050
- Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Bring with you the name of the owner of the building and emergency telephone numbers for the owner.
Certificate of Occupancy
(authorizing the use of building and/or vacant land)
Food Service Permit
- Submit an application to the Environmental Quality Division with the following information:
All applications must be presented with facility plans for review. Drawings must show a floor plan, fixture layout, room finish schedule, and plumbing riser diagram.
Submit an application for a Certificate of Occupancy (CO) to the Building Inspections Department with appropriate fees.
Applicable fees for Food Service Permits:
- Name of the establishment
- Type of operation that will be conducted
- If alcohol will be sold, include permit type
- Name of Owner, including driver’s license number and DOB
- Owner’s/Partnership/Corporation physical address
- Billing address
- Date of application
A pre-operational inspection by an Environmental Specialist is required prior to opening a food service establishment.
Permits will be issued when the facility is complete and in compliance with the rules and regulations from the City of Grand Prairie and the State of Texas.
Application fee – new or extensive remodel
|Application fee – change of owner
|Health permit – duplicate or replacement
Food Service Permits Ordinance
For more information, visit the Food Service Permits Web page, or contact the city of Grand Prairie's Environmental Quality Division at 972-237-8055.
Assumed Name / Doing Business As (DBA)
Register your business name in the county or counties in which you will do business.
Arlington branch, Tarrant County Clerk
724 E. Border St.
Dallas County Clerk, Assumed Name Section
509 Main St.
Tarrant County Clerk's Locations for Obtaining an Assumed Name (DBA)
100 W. Weatherford St.
Fort Worth 76196
Property Tax on Business Personal Property
File your Business Personal Property (BPP) rendition (April 15th deadline each year) to county appraisal district.
Tarrant Appraisal District (TAD)
2500 Handley-Ederville Road
Fort Worth, TX 76118-6982
Dallas Central Appraisal District (DCAD)
2949 North Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75247
Customer Service: 214-631-0910
Main Switchboard: 214-631-0520
E-mail (inquiries for Business Personal Property): firstname.lastname@example.org
Assumed Business Name Certificate
A domestic or foreign corporation, limited liability company, limited partnership, limited liability partnership, or other foreign filing entity that regularly conducts business or renders a professional service in this state under a name other than its legal name (the name stated in its certificate of formation or comparable document) must file an assumed name certificate with the secretary of state and with the county clerk in the appropriate county.
Sales Tax Permit
Marketing, Networking, Advertising, Free Website, Ribbon Cuttings
Grand Prairie Chamber of Commerce
900 Conover Drive
Grand Prairie, Texas 75051