Landfill | 1102 MacArthur Blvd. | Grand Prairie, TX 75050 | Phone 972-237-8151 | Fax 972-237-1659 | E-Mail
EARLY CLOSING: The landfill will be closing at 3 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 20, 2014.
City Offers Residents Options for Clearing Storm Debris: Residents may take storm debris to the Grand Prairie Landfill free of charge through Nov. 1, 2014. The debris must be from Grand Prairie residents only. Read More.
Regular Hours and Closings:
Landfill Open: Monday–Saturday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Landfill Closed: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.
Early Closings: Landfill closes at 3 p.m. the last Thursday of every month and on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.
Garbage and recyclables will not be collected on: New Year's Day, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and Memorial Day. There will be no makeup day. Please put your garbage and recycling out on your next scheduled collection day.
View Larger Map
- All commercial/business loads/trips: $32/ton.
- Auto and pickup truck tires: $1 per tire up to four tires per visit.
- Truck Tires: $5 per tire up to two tires per visit.
- Tractor Tires: $10 per tire up to one tire per visit.
- Electronics Visit Computer Recycling.
- Livestock: $15 per animal.
- Soil (not contaminated): Free!
- The Landfill accepts household and commercial solid waste Monday–Saturday during regular operating hours.
- The Landfill is a service for Grand Prairie residents or businesses. A current Texas driver's license or I.D. with Grand Prairie address is required.
- Residential loads will be allowed one free dump at the landfill once a month with a current water bill (no more than 30 days from due date). Residents will be charged $3 for each additional load they bring to the landfill in the same month.
- No termination notices accepted (bill with Red lines). Must be original water bill; copies are not accepted.
- Paperless customers are allowed one free dump per month with a Texas driver's license or I.D with Grand Prairie address. (Paperless customers are people who receive no monthly water bill in the mail).
- Commercial customers will be charged $32 per ton.
What Can I Drop Off at the Landfill?
You may drop off items such as metals, wood/brush, concrete, tires*, electronics, aluminum, fencing and large items such as refrigerators, sofas, televisions*, etc.
*There may be a fee associated with dropping off these items (Landfill fees listed above).
What Kind of Items are Prohibited?
The following wastes are prohibited from disposal at the Landfill:
- Lead acid batteries
- Used oil filters
- Tires (unless quartered)
- Other regulated wastes
What About Household Hazardous Wastes?
Household hazardous wastes (such as bleach, aerosol cans, cooking oil, paint and thinners, medications, landscape and pool chemicals, fluorescent lights, used motor oil and filters, automotive and household batteries, etc.) are not allowed at the Landfill.
Special household hazardous waste drop-off events are scheduled several times a year free of charge for Grand Prairie residents. Click here to sign up for the next Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day in Grand Prairie.
Grand Prairie residents also have the option of taking household hazardous waste to the Environmental Collection Center (ECC) in Fort Worth (6400 Bridge St. near I-30 and Loop 820). For more information call the ECC at 817-392-3279.