GRAND PRAIRIE – The Grand Prairie Farmers Market has a lineup of upcoming events that are sure to interest all ages. Throughout April, Farmers Market will feature programs to educate and entertain foodies, gardeners, fitness fanatics and more.
Saturday, April 5
- GPAC Market Square Juried Art Show and Sale - entries will be on display and judged by the Grand Prairie Arts Council. Cash prizes for first, second and third place will be awarded.
- Chef Ernst from Texas Chefs Food Service will host a cooking demonstration at 10:30 a.m.
- First United Methodist Church and LifeLine Shelter for Families will be on-site to sign runners up for the 3rd annual Run for Shelter Bunny Hop and 5K, which will take place on Saturday, April 19.
Saturday, April 12
- Chef Otto from Central Market will host a cooking demonstration at 10:30 a.m.
- The Summit Gardening Club will have an array of plants available for sale.
- The Girl Scouts will be on-site to raise awareness and funds.
- A Make It and Take It Rain Barrel Class will be held from 9-10:30 a.m. The class costs $40 for Grand Prairie residents and $55 for non-residents. Pre-registration is required. To sign up, send a check or money order payable to the city of Grand Prairie to:
P.O. Box 534045
Grand Prairie, TX 75053
On the check or money order, reference “Rain Barrel Class” and include your phone number, email address (optional), and any other relevant contact information. For more information about the class, call 972-237-8377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, April 19
- Grand Prairie Horticulturist Susan Henson will host a container gardening class at 11:20 a.m. Come learn how to spruce up your yard with potted plants for spring.
- Mixed Up Burgers’ Kyle Bryson will be featured in the Restaurant Showcase at 10:30 a.m. Attendees will learn about Bryson’s untraditional approach to burgers. Samples, coupons and other goodies will be available.
- Keep Grand Prairie Beautiful will offer knife sharpening at their booth. Email email@example.com for more information.
- LifeLine's Run for Shelter Bunny Hop and 5K hops off at 8 a.m.
Saturday, April 26
- Main Street Fest at Market Square will be in full swing. The event will feature music and entertainment, exhibitors and a business expo, carnival rides and food, a Harley Davidson stage, BMX and skate demos, a beer garden, arts and crafts, a kids zone and more.
The Grand Prairie Farmers Market features locally grown fruits and vegetables, meats, honey, pasta, spices, tamales, candles, soaps and much more. The market is open every Saturday, March to December, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. For more information about the Farmers Market, call 972-237-4599 or visit www.gptx.org/farmersmarket.