Recycling | 1102 MacArthur Blvd. | Grand Prairie, TX 75050 | Phone 972-237-8061| Fax 972-237-9408 | E-Mail
Find your recycling day on the map (residential recycling is collected
on one of a citizens' regular garbage days).
Set your recycling bin outside before
7 a.m. on your recycling day (but no earlier than 8 p.m. on the day before collection).
Return your bin to a convenient
Routes Monday to Saturday:
South of Camp Wisdom Road.
Between Warrior Trail & I-20.
North of Main Street.
Between I-20 and Camp Wisdom Road.
Between Cottonwood Creek and Warrior Trail.
Between Main Street and Cottonwood Creek.
What is recyclable at the curb:
Steel, tin, and aluminum cans. It is not necessary to remove paper labels from steel cans, but please rinse out all cans.
Paper items. Newspapers, magazines, coupons, junk mail and envelopes, flattened cereal and cardboard boxes, phone books, etc., will be collected. Cardboard boxes must be flattened and placed under the bin.
Glass items. All glass bottles, regardless of color, may be recycled. Please rinse all bottles and jars and remove caps and lids.
Plastic items. All plastics marked 1 through 7 are now accepted for recycling. Any plastic bottle may be recycled. Rinse all jugs and bottles and remove caps and lids. Plastic grocery bags are also accepted.
What is NOT recyclable at the curb:
- Batteries or electronics
- Hazardous or toxic product containers
- Flower pots, plastic toys
- Frozen food bags
- Plastic and metal hangers
- Light bulbs, drinking glasses, other glassware
- Food and wet waste, food contaminated paper plates and napkins
- Styrofoam containers, Styrofoam peanuts or packing
- Chip bags
- Propane tanks
- Window/ auto glass/ mirrors
- Medical waste such as needles, syringes and lancets.
- Electronics (take to landfill for electronic recycling)
Place recyclable items in a green bin or blue bag* and set at the curb on your recycling day. Recycling bins are available free of charge to new customers. Please bring your water bill to show that you are paying for a Solid Waste service in Grand Prairie.
Get Your Recycling Bin at:
1102 MacArthur Blvd.
317 College St.
Prairie Paws Adoption Center
2222 W. Warrior Trail
Lake Parks Operations Center
5610 Lake Ridge Parkway
Fire Station #9
315 E. Polo Road
Tony Shotwell Life Center
2750 Graham Street
*Residents may also use blue-opaque plastic bags in addition to the bins in the instance of an extra large load. Click here for a (partial) list of stores that carry blue bags in Grand Prairie.
Let's double Grand Prairie's curbside recycling from 3,700 tons annually to 8,000 tons, saving valuable landfill space, extending the life of our landfill, and saving the city and its taxpayers millions of dollars.
Residential Recycling Guidelines
- Residents must use an 18-gallon green bin or clear blue plastic bags for collection of recyclables.
- Recyclables do not need to be separated — bottles and jars, plastic bottles and jugs, aluminum cans, steel cans, newspapers, magazines, phone books, junk mail and boxes may go in together.
- Bins may be used for all recyclables. However, brown paper sacks may still be used for paper items such as newspapers, magazines, phone books and junk mail.
- Cardboard boxes need to be flattened and placed under the bin.
Recycling Outside the Bin
If you are interested in recycling items other than paper, glass, cardboard, aluminum or plastic and have a significant amount of such item(s), please visit www.timetorecycle.com, a website sponsored by the North Texas Council of Governments in order to find a place to take your item(s) or visit www.freecycle.org, which is a community supported resource and is free.
Commercial Bag Service Customers
Commercial bag service customers are also eligible to participate in the curbside program by subscribing online. After subscribing, an 18-gallon green plastic bin is delivered to the business within a few weeks. Business recycling will then be picked up curbside once each week. The fee for this convenience is $2 per month.